Spiral Heat Exchangers in Wastewater Treatment
Over the last 20 years, Gooch Thermal has emerged as the leading American manufacturer of spiral heat exchangers for municipal and industrial wastewater treatment plants.
Gooch Thermal spiral heat exchangers excel in sludge heating, cooling, and pasteurization applications. Our sludge digester heaters are serving dozens of small and large communities across North America and our presence is growing internationally.
Digester Sludge Heating
Gooch Thermal Type 1-DO spiral heat exchangers are designed to maintain the required sludge temperature range in anaerobic digesters for optimal growth of mesophilic and thermophilic bacteria and stabilization of sludge.
Design Advantages for Better Economics
- Compact design requires minimal space
- Low installation and operating costs
- Easy access for cleaning and rapid turnaround
- Robust construction for a long lasting design
- ASME Code certified design and fabrication with U-stamp
Process Benefits for Optimum Digestion
- Self-cleaning due to high shear rates in single flow passages
- High heat transfer rates and low fouling tendencies
- Online reliability - less downtime for maintenance
- Precise control of required temperatures and heat loads
- Maximized mesophilic or thermophilic bacterial digestion
Spiral Heat Exchangers & Renewable Energy
Our spiral heat exchangers are also used in green anaerobic digestion processes that produce biogas from organic wastes such as livestock manure, food by-products, fats, oils, and grease.
Biogas, a mixture of methane and CO2, is a renewable energy that can be combusted to generate heat and electricity. After dewatering, the remaining pathogen-free biosolids can be used for soil conditioning as fertilizer.